James Bond DB5 1:8

Hier kun je alles over modelauto's kwijt wat je niet in bovenstaande fora kwijt kunt.

Plaats reactie
Ricardo
Schaal: 1:43
Contacteer:

James Bond DB5 1:8

Bericht door Ricardo »

:drool: Ziet er wel indrukwekkend uit zeg.
http://www.007db5.com/index.asp
simoneviper

Re: James Bond DB5 1:8

Bericht door simoneviper »

:drool: ben geen bondfan en heb ook weinig met aston martin maar deze zou ik toch wel in m´n vitrine willen hebben...
Afbeelding Afbeelding Afbeelding
All you need is a Car
Bondracer

Bericht door Bondracer »

:shock: ziet er wel netjes uit :think: alleen is dit wel een diecast-model ,of is het een volledig plastieke uitvoeing. :?:
"Hunger is the fury of greed ; less is more than we need"
Afbeelding
Ricardo
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ricardo »

Bondracer schreef::shock: ziet er wel netjes uit :think: alleen is dit wel een diecast-model ,of is het een volledig plastieke uitvoeing. :?:
Heb geen idee :doh: Het model schijnt bijna 10kg te wegen, dus zal het wel niet alleen plastic zijn :mrgreen:
tom

Bericht door tom »

Al zou het een lelijk model zijn, dan was het nog indrukwekkend- puur door het enorme formaat. Damn, een 1:12 is al nauwelijks in je vitrine te zetten.
a vd winkel

Bericht door a vd winkel »

Betreft hier een BOUWpakket van kunststof welke in 78 !!! :cry: delen bij een tijdschrift geleverd wordt... en dan maar hopen dat de uitgever het tot deel 78 volhoudt.... :wink:
MarcoAzzurro

Bericht door MarcoAzzurro »

En als ie af is ben je al zo'n 545 euro armer :lol:
In Italie was er ook een dergelijke reeks met een op afstand bestuurbare Alfa 156 racer met benzine motor. Als je deze helemaal af zou bouwen zat je qua totale kost al over de 1000 euro :doh:
Ricardo
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ricardo »

I'm the project manager for the DB5 and the Bond Car Collection and I thought you might appreciate me dropping by to answer a few questions. Sorry if other people have already provided some of the information.

The first thing to say is that the product is only available in Grampian at the moment, so anyone outside the area who tries to subscribe should be politely declined. This is because we're conducting a test. We're expecting a much wider launch in early 2011. I'll provide more details as soon as we have them. In the meantime, I'm afraid it's just a case of being patient.

To turn to more specific questions:

The sculpt is completely new and we haven't based it on anything that was previously created for anyone else. It was produced by Zindart, who also worked on the Corgi prototype, which we were offered the opportunity to buy. We decided that it was better to start from scratch. Aston Martin have been very concerned about the accuracy of the sculpt and we actually took it to their workshop in Newport Pagnall and compared it to a real DB5. I promise you they wouldn't let anything substandard through. We were talking about moving things by millimeters.

Some of the 'inconsistencies' that people have mentioned are due to the fact that DB5s were all made by hand. For example, the shape of the wings can vary quite significantly from one car to another. There is also a little distortion being caused by the camera lens. You can't photograph a 57cm model and make the perspective look the same as on a 4.5 meter car.

There are one or two things that we simply cannot recreate at this scale. The most serious thing is that we can't put a rubber seal around the windscreen. We did consider painting a black line to simulate it but decided against it. The handbrake should also have chrome body but a black handle. Combining the two finishes is too difficult at this scale so we had to choose black.

The pictures that we're using at the moment show the prototype and there are a few things that will be corrected on the final model. For example, the headlamp covers are from a DB6 - if you look at the film they didn't have those little lugs at the bottom.

The bodywork will all be die-cast. The majority of the interior components will be made of ABS. It's true that the body will be supplied in several pieces, but I think you'll be amazed at how neatly they fit together. That's how the prototype is constructed and I defy anyone to look at the pictures on the website - www.007DB5.com - and see unreasonable gaps. We did look into supplying the body as a single piece but it would have made the model prohibitively expensive.

Remember that some of the details on the website are shown significantly larger than life size, which might create the illusion that they are a little 'Wallace and Gromit'. When the model is available where you live, I suggest you have a look at the printed material inside the first issue to get the best possible sense of the quality. We discounted the first issue so that people can do just that, but, honestly you can probably just look at it in the shop.

The lights work, the dashboard illuminates, the horn will sound, and, if I have my way, the tracker device will ping with the same noise that was used in Goldfinger. What else? The ejector seat works. In fact, all the gadgets work, though sadly we couldn't get the model to belch smoke.

I hope that helps.
:think: Geen kunststof dus :drool:
Bondracer

Bericht door Bondracer »

Da's al 1 positief punt , maar zo ik heb gelezen is er nog veel werk aan de winkel :eh: die handrem met chrome sierstuk lijkt een probleem bij 1:8 :think: .........en dan nog maar afwachten hoe het met het spuitwerk zit als deze in stukken opgestuurd worden :eh: ..........want het grootste gevaar bij zulk een stukjesbevoorrading is dat er kleurverschillen optreden , als het model niet volledig in één keer gespoten word ...en deze niet exact bij het model gehouden worden en daarna na her en der verstuurd worden :evil: Let's see and wait
"Hunger is the fury of greed ; less is more than we need"
Afbeelding
MartinBond
Schaal: 1:18
Contacteer:

Bericht door MartinBond »

Rond eind 2011 kán 'ie deze kant op komen :drool:
Ik tel al af... :dance:
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie